Follow the instructions below for a clean Viking French door oven. Proper cleaning allows all of the elements to perform to their highest potential. Fortunately, interior and exterior cleaning of the Viking French door oven is simple and basically universal to all Viking models. Even better, natural oven cleaners can be used, eliminating harsh chemicals.
Steps to a Clean Viking French Door Oven
Clean Oven Exterior
You should clean Viking French door oven stainless steel exterior surfaces daily. Use warm soapy water and a soft cloth to remove grease and fingerprints from the doors and handles. Dry the exterior with a microfiber cloth, then wipe everything again with a damp microfiber cloth.
Pro Tip: Always wipe in the direction of the stainless steel finish.
If any acidic liquids splash onto the oven’s exterior while cooking, it’s best to wipe them up immediately to avoid the potential for staining.
To make the stainless steel of your French door oven sparkle and eliminate pesky fingerprints, Viking recommends using a stainless steel cleaner and polish every two weeks. Viking also recommends Thor Stainless Steel Polish for long-lasting shine.
Clean Oven Knobs
Your oven’s knobs are removable and can also be cleaned with hot soapy water and a soft cloth. Take care not to submerge the knobs in water but, rather, scrub them gently with the soapy water and cloth. Avoid using more abrasive cleaners or products with an ammonia base, as they have the potential to remove paint on the knobs. Make sure the knobs are completely dry before replacing them.
Clean Oven Racks
Next, it’s time to clean Viking French door oven racks. Remove each rack from the oven. The racks and rack supports can be cleaned with hot, soapy water (see, we told you this was easy).
Soak the racks to remove stubborn debris or use Soft Scrub cleanser. Be sure to rinse and dry the racks before replacing them inside the oven.
Clean Oven Interior
Finally, follow these steps to get a clean Viking French door oven interior. Your oven will either be non-self-cleaning or self-cleaning models.
For non-self-cleaning models:
- Remove the oven’s glide racks. Leaving the standard rack in the oven.
- Pour 2 cups of distilled or filtered water into the broiler pan and place it on the standard rack.
- Set Oven Function to BAKE, and set the oven temperature to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Set your COOK TIME for 20 minutes.
- Do not open the oven doors during this cleaning period.
- When the timer beeps at 20 minutes, turn the Oven Function and Temperature knobs to the OFF position.
- Open the oven doors and remove the broiler pan.
- Wipe clean Viking French door oven interior with a soft cloth
- Any remaining stains can be removed with a scouring pad or nylon scrubbing kitchen tool.
- Finish by wiping down the interior with a soft dry cloth.
For self-cleaning models:
Remove the racks and rack supports from the oven and refer to your Viking manual for self-cleaning details. Please follow these instructions closely! Self-cleaning models use high temperatures to break down stains. Forgetting to remove your oven’s racks during self-cleaning will damage them. Additionally, NEVER clean the infrared broiler, even with mild soap and water. Any cleaning attempts could harm the broiler’s components.
If you find yourself in this situation and require an oven repair, don’t panic. The professionals at Dependable Repair Services can rapidly assist you in getting your Viking oven back up and running in no time.